Is there any truth about making money online by blogging? Yep, there certainly is!
Let me tell you, it took me years to figure it out – and it was very shocking to me when I finally discovered the truth!
When I first started blogging, people always said ‘come online and make money.’ I was told “All you have to do is blog and you can make money online.”
That was not exactly the truth! It was only part of the truth.
No one really told me the real deal and it wasn’t until just recently had a course with Donna and David Merrills’ Blogging Fever and Adrienne Smith’s Build A Blog Community that I truly understood what it meant to make money online by blogging.
We all think we can. We’re all told we can. We believe this inevitably without a doubt because that’s what we’re told.
But just recently, talking to a friend of mine…all of a sudden a light bulb went off! The truth – it came out.
Right after that, I read a blog post that said the ‘exact same thing’ and lo and behold – bells and whistles and stars blew up around my head as I had an epiphany!
The Law of Attraction (LOA) working in it’s best form. Read more about LOA here from Kelli Cooper’s Life Made To Order.
What Do You Mean I Can’t Make Money Online?
Well, of course you can but initially many of us are deceived and led in different directions. For instance:
- How many tweets do you see regarding ‘Click this link and make money online?’
- How many people do you see dropping links on every social media site? Have you made any money this way?
- How many FB posts do you see with someone telling you ‘how much money they made and great promises for you too?’
- How many FB ads do you see promising you miracle money?
- How many strangers reach out to you on social media telling you they have the perfect way for you to make money?
- How many have told you can blog and make money?
- How many people have told you that you can make money immediately by clicking on a link.
Have you made any money yet? That’s because it’s not true and it’s not that easy!
You’re still being deceived because you ARE NOT making money online doing the same as the bullets above.
Do you notice that none of these bullets above mention ‘how’ to make this money.”
That’s because we’re actually NOT doing what we need to do to make it happen online.
You may get some info, a free report, a video or such that gives you a few tips but there is a whole lot more work that goes into it and it involves more than blogging.
The Truth About Making Money Online and Blogging
Truth is there are many different ways to make money online but the act of ‘just blogging’ is not one of them.
Blogging is a vehicle; a tool to making money by building relationships with people you meet online and in the blogging world.
Once you’ve established relationships with the world (Internet), then there is the possibility of making money.
You blog to:
- Tell people about yourself
- To build a relationships
- To introduce people to your product or services
- To provide a service to people so that they will come to you to ask questions to develop that all-important-relationship
Your possibility should be based on:
- Great information and content
- Great products
- Great personality
- Great relationships
What Are We Doing Wrong? Why You Haven’t Made Money Online?
We build a website. We blog and write posts weekly, bi-weekly, etc.
We think we can sell our products by dropping links. We think we can recruit into our network marketing business without knowing a soul.
We think we can just sell our wares/products to anyone just because we think they’re good.
But it’s not that easy, and that is the truth. There’s so much more to it than that.
Let me give you the perfect example. I am a network marketer – one of the many ways people get into home-based businesses.
When I first joined a network marketing company 6-7 years ago, I was told, build a blog, write and easy peasy…you can get people to join your business, meet people and make money online.
Here’s what I found out.
Shocking Truth Revealed
Yes you can do business online. Yes you can make money online.
BUT No one told me there are really only a few ways to do it.
- If you want to produce a product to sell (a course or and eBook solving a problem).
- If you want to be a writer and write books, blog posts or other documentation for others (freelance).
- If you want to be an affiliate marketer or sponsored ads.
These are just a few ways to actually make money online and the real truth of the matter is that you still have to build relationships first to do that. And …
The 2nd real truth is that it takes a lot of time; more time than most people are willing OR able to commit to.
Making Money Online
There are a ga-zillion people out there trying to make money online! But the REAL AND CERTAIN truth is YOU have to do a number of things to successfully make it happen.
Here are ways you won’t make money online:
- You won’t make money online by just going on Facebook and dropping links in any Group you think.
- You won’t just automatically go into a Group on FB and recruit people to your business.
- You won’t go on Twitter and think that people will automatically want to join your networking group or buy Twitter followers or
whatever product you are promoting.
- You won’t just put up a blog and post and think that people will automatically start buying from you.
- You won’t put up a blog and provide crappy content.
There is so much more to blogging to make money and unfortunately, most of you don’t get the ‘skinny’ or the real deal until years later and by then, most of given up.
There is so much more to Internet marketing, blogging and selling online and unfortunately, most of you don’t get the ‘skinny’ or the real deal until years later and by then most have given up.
So What Do You Do?
- Find someone to help you create your blog.
- Learn WordPress.
- Pick out a great theme and get it started learning how to create a post (talk to me if you’re unsure what this means)
- Learn about great content and what it means before you start posting.
- Start creating relationships on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. Say ‘hi to interesting people; share their posts; interact and start communications with people.
- Learn about business and understand what the relationship is between sales people and their customers
Finally, prepare your mind, body and spirit for the long haul in order to reach success, blogging or whatever you choose to do online.
You can successfully blog online and make money but the key is re-setting expectations and understanding that many people will not click on a button and ‘buy’ from you right away without effort and relationship building.
Have you sold ‘anything in your journey online? Have you made any money? Is it working for you? What have you been doing to build relationships with people so that you can have success.
Be honest. What’s your take? Very interested in helping you meet those goals. Sign up for a free e-report by clicking here to learn ‘soft sell’ approach to help you start to learn how to make money online. Looking forward to working with you.
Motivation and Inspiration For All