Happy 2013! This is my first post for the new year and I want to start this year out right. Don’t you have questions about how to grow your business in 2013?
You’ve seen many posts recently about setting new goals for the new year, but I want to ask a question. ‘What are you going to do differently this year to grow your business ?’
Now that question is different than ‘what are your goals for the new year?’
My 2013 goals revolve around higher level objectives that I want for 2013.
For instance, one of my goals is to make more money (and I have defined a specific dollar amount to reach). That is a specific goal. Another goal is to reach a particular status this year in my primary business. That too is a specific task and requires a specific number and title. Another is exploring and finding other avenues of bringing in additional monies. All of these are high level goals.
But what this article is about is how do I get there and what am I going to do that is different than what I did last year to reach those goals? Here’s what I came up with so far. You may get some ideas for yourself that may help.
- Get more organized. Use some of the tools that are available to me (both electronic and manual) to assist in getting organized. (Another blog, another day!) Organization of your day is key, otherwise distractions/life gets in the way.
- Reach out and contact, in a personal and direct way, with people face-to-face. You see, even though Social media is the mainstream for business and I know attraction marketing, I am better at face-to-face. That’s what works for me so I will do 50% old school face to face and 50% social media/internet marketing.
- Define a schedule of daily activities and stick to it!
- For the next 30 days, blog every other day.
- Overcome the fear of the dreaded telephone – get out of my comfort zone (the internet makes it easy to hide behind a computer and not interact directly with people or make us feel protected from rejection because you don’t see the person face to face)
- Visit other blogs and syndicate 5 blogs to increase my social media reach.
- Attend more networking and organizational meetings to expand my personal and business reaction
- Step away from the computer and get some downtime (I work on computer at work, work on computer when I come home, I sit in bed with my computer writing blogs, interacting on FB) We need a mental break. We cannot work 18 hours out of a day without feeling tired, worn out and depressed)
So I ask this question again. What are you going to do different than you did last year?
I hope this helps and gives you some ideas about what you might be able to do differently to make a substantial impact on reaching your goals
So now can you do me a favor? Let me know what you think about this and if any of these things will work for you to help you improve for the year 2013!
Best of luck with your endeavors and once again have a rocking, break the bank 2013!