A year or so ago, I read a post on Adrienne Smith’s blog and I thought it was one of the coolest things I’ve ever read. It involved creating our own signature for our posts on our blogs.
I thought it was the coolest thing and immediately went there to try it out. So just recently when I started having issues with my blog, my signature no longer worked and I decided to go to the site again and create another signature block for my posts.
But before I did that I took a look at other blogs of people I know and I noticed that practically no one was taking advantage of this very cool tool! So let me tell you why, as bloggers, we should use this tool to create and design a professional signature for our posts.
I work in Corporate and as a professional doing business, your signature is important. It defines and seals who you are. Our signature is the sign that binds us. We use it and sign our checks, our bank transactions, our mortgages, loans, leases, etc.
As business owners we talk about ‘branding’ ourselves. It doesn’t seem like rocket science to me that our ‘name/signature’ should be an important part of our brand.
It makes us look, first and foremost, professional, important, classy (as least I think so) and committed to excellence.
Our signature is incredibly important in our life in terms of binding contracts. So why aren’t we using a ‘signature,’ not just typing in our name when we write our posts on our blog? Why haven’t you used this very, cool tool? Come on tell the truth. 🙂 Do you know about it?
Well, let me show you how easy it is to create your own signature for your posts. Here are the 10 super quick and easy steps to create your signature.
1. Go to http://www.mylivesignature.com/. The first thing you want to do is register (no affiliate link here – it’s all free) so that your generated code will be saved and you can come back and create others or retrieve your signature when you want it.
2. After you register, click on New Signature.
3. Select the font you’d like your signature to be. Click the radio button. There are many to choose from.
5. Select the slope or how you want your signature to lean. 6. Give your signature a Name so you can come back later and retrieve it if you wish OR so you can select from different signatures if you choose to create more than one. I think it creates style when you can use different signatures for your blog, email, etc.
7. After you’ve created your design, you can now generate the code to input into your blog.
8. Select the name of the Live Signature you’ve created.
9. Copy the code into a text file and save.
10. Make sure you put the html code into your ‘Text’ view when you copy your html signature code in. I have save the code to a file and I just copy it out each time and add to my post.
So Viola! That’s all there is to it. Simple and easy and very cool. Take a look at my signature below. I think this handy, dandy little tool adds character to our branding. Just my personal opinion. 😉
I hope you all decide to check it out. It really is pretty neat. So I expect to see more signatures to the posts I visit in the future! 🙂
Are you going to try it? Leave a comment and let me know and I’ll visit your blog to see your now new signature on your post! Have fun with it!