2013 is here! One thing we are all doing for 2013 is getting organized and finishing our goal-setting. I’d like to talk to you about a tool that can help you effectively with that.
The other day I was talking to someone on Facebook and I needed to show her something online. I knew she was on Google+ but when I asked if we could do a Google Hangout, she had never heard of it before! Uhmmm. Shocker!
Later that day, I spoke to a friend, and he too, had not heard of Google Hangout! Finally, someone in my Facebook stream mentioned they were doing a Google Hangout and at least 3-4 people asked ‘What’s a Hangout?’
WHHHHAAT? I’m thinking ‘What in the world is going on here?’ Doesn’t everyone know about Google Hangout? Well, apparently not!
I almost feel silly writing about it, but I know I have to introduce you to a phenomenal tool that you can use for your business and/or pleasure!
It’s a free video chat service that is I think, by far, the best video chat around! There are also some other awesome Google+ tools within the Hangout that you can use as well.
Yes, there’s Skype, which is great, but I stopped using it when I discovered Google Hangout! To me, it’s easier and free and you can communicate with up to 10 people at a time!
You can chat, support each other in meetings, discuss business and/or personal issues, do telephone conferences or give group hangouts for fun – all face to face! It’s an awesome way to communicate with friends or business partners!
My favorite hangout is every Wednesday, a group of bloggers (our own Blogging Mastermind group) meet and ‘hangout.’ Oh we get work done too, and if you want to meet some awesome bloggers, check out Adrienne Smith, Donna Merrill, Raena Lynn, Sylviane Nuccio and Michael Buccilli (who is building his blog right now)!
Reasons to Use Google+ Hangout
Here are 5 Reasons you should use Google Hangout:
- For business, you can host virtual meetings via video chat. You can increase your team’s productivity with meetings that hold up to 10 people.
- Use additional tools within Hangout like Screen Sharing! Share a powerpoint presentation with a business partner or a video for your business. For friends, share documents, watch YouTube together, movies on your PC, etc.
- There’s Google Plus Mobile so you can use Hangout face to face on your iPhone or Android. Face to face communication on the go!
- Use Google Effects to have some fun with funny faces.
- Use Scoot and Doogle to draw diagrams like on a chalkboard to express your points.
You can also download Google Hangout and use it on your iPad or iPad mini!
So get to it! You’re gonna love it! Here’s how you get started:
- Sign Up for Google+ if you don’t already have an account.
- Go to http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/ and click on Get the App (download only takes a few seconds)
- Login to your Google account.
- Locate the ‘Start A Hangout’ button.
- Select the people you want to join the hangout, one or more and then the fun begins. Those who accept your invitation will be displayed at the bottom of the screen, real-time face-to-face.
If a team member can’t join the hangout, you can also dial the person in by clicking on the “Invite” button and then the “+telephone” link. Calls to the US and Canada are free, and international calling rates are very low
So that’s it! I decided to write about this because I’m literally amazed at how many people don’t know about it!
So get on Google Hangout and give me a call! Let’s hangout and say hi. And oh yeah…leave me a comment and tell me what you think about it!
See you in a Hangout !