Depending on where you get your information from, Twitter has a total number of active registered Twitter users in the millions.
Take a look at Statistic Brain and the statistics below to check out what is happening in the Twitter world.
Twitter Company Statistics
|Total number of active registered Twitter users||645,750,000|
|Number of new Twitter users signing up everyday||135,000|
|Number of unique Twitter site visitors every month||190 million|
|Average number of tweets per day||58 million|
|Number of Twitter search engine queries every day||2.1 billion|
|Percent of Twitter users who use their phone to tweet||43 %|
|Percent of tweets that come from third party applicants||60%|
|Number of people that are employed by Twitter||2,500|
|Number of active Twitter users every month||115 million|
|Percent of Twitters who don’t tweet but watch other people tweet||40%|
|Number of days it takes for 1 billion tweets||5 days|
|Number of tweets that happen every second||9,100|
Now if you look at the stats above, with over 675 million on Twitter, 135,00 Twitter users signing up every day, and 58 million tweets per day and 9,100 tweets were second, it is still incredibly hard, almost impossible to engage users on Twitter and many people are just simply intimidated!
- Everyone knows we must build a profile. In your profile, introduce yourself, but mkke your twitter for business known by building a great profile and bio. Write about yourself in a clear and brief way and make it friendly. Make it current and give a strong impression of who you are. Be creative since you only have 140 characters and yes, sometimes that’s a challenge, but it is possible.
- Have your website URL and link in your bio. I find it difficult to interact with people who do not let me know what they are doing or who I have to go searching for their website and info. If I am going to engage them I’d like to know a little bit more about them.
- Try Twitter for business which lets you embed twitter feeds. Check your “Follow” button and make your blog post share with “Tweet this” button. Embed your best tweets for more interaction.
- Use twitter directories where people are searching for interesting businesses. You can search for and reach a larger target market.
- Follow the people who are in your niche and who follow your business. Use retweet as well to share others’ tweets. If you share someone else’s tweet, they will typically share yours.
- Use Hashtags. Find out what is trending and use hastags to bring it to the forefront. If you come across a hashtag that relates to your business, tag it and retweet those who are using it. Using common hashtags enables you reach a broader general population. This one I’m trying over the next week to test. I’ll keep you posted.
- Tweeting plenty of original content will inspire your followers to follow you more.
- Bring your customers up to speed by tweeting breaking news, interesting facts or anything that will engage them in a conversation of interest.
- If you are asking a question, open a dialogue and engage people in one on one responses which develops a sense or intimacy and trust. Businesses are built on trust. This gives people a sense of trust and a sense of having a one on one with you.
- Finally add images or videos to your tweets to let people experience interaction with you. Running a few tests lately I find that when I put a picture up on my tweets, I get more followers. I thought that was pretty cool. 🙂
- Do not auto tweet or post the same information on all social sites. You may share the same idea but do it differently.
- Use Triberr to get more shares and also interact with fellow bloggers and followers. Triberr is a great way to get into tribes of like minds and get even more interaction with Twitter followers.
- Do not buy Twitter followers. These followers are not really following and may not be in your niche and are of no value to you. These are empty numbers and doesn’t help you at all. as you most likely not be able to interact with them. Most are made up and therefore useless.
Well that’s it. Short and sweet. You can try one or two of these things and see what results you get or you can do a number of them and see what how it goes.
Have you tried any of these to see how it helps engage people on Twitter? What have you done engage your Twitter followers more? Since it’s not as easy as it seems, we’d all be curious to see what else can be done to effectively engage our Twitter followers.
Featured image from http://freedigitalphotos.net